Friday, June 26, 2009

Do you remember the time.....


This is it
... was what I was waiting for so badly . Was even planning on making a trip to one of the shows in London...

I am lost for words.It has not sunk it yet . I see people crying in the subway train,on the road . I have never seen someone loved so much by so many people. Lot of people are slowly realizing how great he actually was .He was one of a kind . We wont have one more like him .

>

I came yesterday evening from office at 430 pm .I was feeling very unusual and weird .May be I overheard someone talking about the news ...I came home and opened my laptop . I was so enraged when I read that MJ was no more on some site . I really thought it was the papparazi stooping to newer depths unseen in that shameful world of theirs . After cross referencing with a few other authentic websites and tv news ...I was literally praying that It should be a bad bad rumour .Sadly it turned out to be real.

Moonwalker,King of Pop ,Legend ,The most famous man on the planet , The best entertainer ever ...you could go non stop.

From the age of 4 . Yes FOURRR! The cameras have been following him . Imagine that happening to you . Every move you make is captured and analyzed with full fledged stupidity . I am sure people have made millions exploiting his life and fame . I have heard people call him everything from a paedophile to a dellusional lunatic . He was never given a chance in life . The moment someone thought they could make some quick bucks out of accusing him with some nonsense, he was declared guilty.

Anyway, here's the thing. Personally, I never could bring myself to believe this eccentric but misunderstood man was a sex offender. And there are those who will believe anything except that he was not.I can only think that his eccentricity was a result of the unimaginable breach of his private and personal life . I wonder if he ever had one. But whatever your opinion, one thing is undeniable -- he is a legend. His music, his performances and his energy entertained us for over five decades.i is unparralleled.

I heard Beat it when I was barely 8 years old and I loved it . I was introduced to the world of pop through this song .



BAD was the fist audio cassette I got myself . The whole dangerous album was like an anthem when I was in school . I have not seen one inter school competition where someone did not dance for JAM . This morning I found myself weeping as they flashed clips of a smiling young Jackson on the news, singing and dancing his heart out.

Freak, criminal, say what you will. On stage, he was sheer poetry in motion. The recluse disappeared and the performer surfaced, driving audiences wild with that inimitable style, gliding across the floor effortlessly as young girls and guys swooned and cried, caught up in the mania of it all. Who can forget the super bowl performance.



or billie jean at NewYork



or



or



I could embed a million videos here . To the common man in India ,when I was in school and college , English Music meant Michael Jackson . They did not know anything or anyone else who could sing in english and DANCE.. Such was his reach . I cannot remember seeing anyone who has not known his name and I mean ANYONE .

He is the real deal. Michael Jackson is a legend. The man who taught the world to dance . Give it up for him . Respect . You will never leave us . Thanks for everything .

3 COMMENTS:

Karen Xavier said...

Good videos Saj, I swear if those stupid tabloid press people had let him live his life in peace... maybe he wouldn't have been tormented so much. And I really don't know what to believe about the pedophile allegations... he keeps touching himself in his songs, still that doesn't prove anythin... anyway, I am not the person to judge, that's why we have a judgement day. Point is a legend has died, the phenomenon that he was will continue to live on... no person alive or dead will ever be able to come close to him. I sincerely hope he is at peace now and he is probably moonwalking on the clouds now... how cool is that!

muddled said...

completely get u sajeeve.
it didnt sink in when i heard the news, didn't bother me much, but now its a whole different story.
been listening to his music again, falling in love with the songs again.
i miss him
RIP michael

i sincerely hope he is at peace now

wildeyes said...

nice post anna. one of the few posts that i really like :)

so i wasnt really a fan of MJ unlike the freaks above me...there are just a few songs that i like. i dint think his performances were aweinspiring. n u wud never find me at any one of his concerts screaming 'micchaeeeeelllllll' i found that so funny.

but i feeel sad for him as a person...... he dint deserve what he got....i dont blv he was paedophile..... if merely touching urself while dancing made u one, then mithun chakroborthy n all the other actors wud be too.... t they bitched about him when he was alive n now they cry over his death..

so i really hope he rests in peace finally.